Who We are
Women's Health Center of West Virginia (WHC) is a private, nonprofit health care facility that has provided high-quality reproductive health services for women of all incomes and ages since 1976.
The mission of WHC is to provide reproductive health care that respects a woman’s choices.
Our goals are to:
- Offer a full range of health services which meet the special needs of women
- Provide education and preventative services that promote wellness
- Offer high-quality services to participants
- Advocate for a comprehensive system of health services for women, regardless of income
- Advocate for reproductive choice
Women’s Health Center of West Virginia provides a full range of gynecological care including the following services:
- Birth control counseling and supplies
- Breast and cervical cancer screening
- Breast examinations
- Depression screening
- Emergency contraception
- Family planning services
- Pap smears and pelvic examinations
- Pregnancy options counseling
- Pregnancy and parenting support services
- Pregnancy tests
- Referrals for specialist treatment
- Sexuality education outreach programs
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment
We Provide Quality Health Care
WHC is committed to reproductive choice and to provision of accessible, personalized reproductive health care that respects the dignity, confidentiality and personal values of women.
We Break Health Care Access Barriers
We maintain a sliding scale fee for service system to keep our services as affordable as possible for our patients.
We Advocate for Our Patients
WHC is a vocal statewide advocate for reproductive health and works to end abortion stigma.